Finally, with a moment to sit down, to think, to open my laptop and type, I momentarily stare blankly at the screen. My thoughts racing, though my hands seem unfamiliar with the keypad beneath it. Since the start of May, I have seriously been struggling to stay on top of things as my work and personal life have seemed to require so much of me, and yet both have been so fulfilling too. I absolutely love being busy, specifically when it comes to creative projects, and thus, I’m not complaining. However, having said that, I do feel I owe my readers an explanation as to why content has been so slow on theminimaleblogger.com, and catch you all up on some of the exciting things that have been happening as well as what sort of content I have planned over the next little while!
It’s been a while since I’ve sat down and compiled one of these lists, and the response to more personal content like this has always been positive. And so, here is my latest installment of “5 Good Things: Life Update”, with a few images from a recent visit to my favorite cafe, Honest Chocolate.
1. Considering it’s only been a year since I started this platform, landing the opportunity to be an ambassador for a major skincare brand has been monumental for me! About a month ago, I was approached about my skin woes, and later asked to share my skincare journey as an official ambassador of French skincare brand, La Roche-Posay. I was hesitant at first, considering how sponsored content might affect the transparency I’ve always tried to maintain on theminimaleblogger platforms. However, after researching the brand, I was eager to embark on this new journey.
PS: It’s been just over a week, but drastic improvements to my skin are already visible, and without any changes to my diet, I owe it to the trio of products I’ve been using from the brand. I’ll be sharing a “first impressions” video (the first of several relating to La Roche-Posay) over on Youtube this Sunday – my channel linked HERE.
2. I recently celebrated my 24th birthday! I woke up at 5:30am on the day, (read: sleepily stumbled out of bed) to run errands with my favorite person (my boyfriend), and later that morning I treated us to a little breakfast as the sun rose over Cape Town. As we sipped our coffees at breakfast, I voice-called my mom and little brother, then later my dad, and hearing their well-wishes truly reminded me how grateful I am to have such an incredible circle of loved-ones (especially who have always supported me in my career too!)
3. I started freelancing as a brand-consultant (in which I’m also the in-house product photographer / content creator) and have loved every minute of it. Working for someone who trusts your creative vision and is upfront about what they want has been such a rewarding experience. I’ve been able to learn and grow as a creative, and channel my strengths and fine-tune my photography too. All-in-all, I’ve loved every part of it.
4. I have 2 exciting collaborations lined up, which I truly am so excited about; two respective local entrepreneurs who are committed to producing quality work within their respective fields! One is a modest clothing designer, the other a dynamic up-and-coming photographer.Unfortunately, that’s all I can divulge for now, but I truly can’t wait to work with them and share both the experience and final content with you all.
5. I have been collecting new wardrobe pieces to add to my “essential winter wardrobe” for my minimalist babes who want a refined selection of pieces that can effortlessly carry them through the cold and rainy season, in style. The post will include links to shop the same (or similar items should pieces be no longer available online or in-store). If you’re looking forward to that, subscribe to our mailing list HERE, and be notified as soon as the post goes live.
THE MINIMALE BLOGGER